Call us today 314-856-3262
Collapsed pipes are a serious issue that requires immediate professional attention. If your St. Louis property is experiencing a collapse, it will impact the functionality of your plumbing system and heighten the risk of serious internal damage and expensive repairs. Fortunately, our team at Nu Flow St. Louis has experience repairing even the most complex collapsed pipes and will get your system back to running like it should in no time.
Signs You Could Have a Collapsed Pipe
The first step in repairing a collapsed pipe is identifying that you have one. Here are some common symptoms to look out for:
- Bad smell – are you noticing a foul odor coming from your property? It could be because your line has collapsed and is causing sewage to leak out.
- Backups – sewer backups are often caused by an obstruction between the city sewer and your house trap.
- Bubbling noises – if you are hearing bubbling noises when you use your sink or toilet, it may be because of a collapse.
What Causes Your Pipes to Collapse?
There are a few leading causes for why you are experiencing a collapse in your pipeline. The following are the most common:
- Old age – overtime, all things age and your pipes are no exception. Typically, after a couple of decades, your pipes will begin rusting and stop working the way they should.
- Skipping routine maintenance – it may be easy to push off your routing maintenance appointment, but this can cause you to suffer in the long-run. Without routine cleaning a small clog in your pipe can turn disastrous fast.
- Tree roots – tree root invasions are a common reason for a crack or collapse in your pipes. These roots will begin growing inside your pipes, expanding damage and causing serious clogs
Nu Flow’s Solution to Collapsed Pipes
At Nu Flow, we understand that a collapsed pipe needs to be repaired fast. That’s why we offer industry-leading trenchless technology to diagnose and repair your pipelining system quickly and affordably. The first step to a lasting repair is to identify the exact location and type of collapse in your lines. Our team accomplishes this through a thourgough sewer camera inspection. To do so, we insert a small, waterproof camera into your lines so that we can pinpoint the repair site.
Once the camera inspection is complete, we will use trenchless pipe bursting technology to restore your pipes. Pipe bursting allows us to replace a damaged or collapsed area of pipeline without the hassle of excavation. This service involves inserting a piece of equipment into your lines through an existing access point. This equipment has a bursting head with a new pipe attached to it that we will position into the repair site to break away your collapsed pipes and push it into the surrounding soil. When the process is complete, you will have a brand new pipe in place of your existing one, the bursting head will be removed, and your new pipe will be fitted to your existing system.
If your St. Louis property is experiencing a collapsed pipe, Nu Flow has the experience and trenchless technology to give you a lasting repair. Call us today to learn more about our collapsed pipe repair services or to schedule an appointment.