If you have ever walked into your home and smelled something that resembles rotten eggs, you most likely have a sewer gas leak. Sewer gas is mostly made up of methane, which has no distinct smell at all. However, sewer gas does mix with other gases in the pipelines, which produces the odors.
How The Sewer Gas Odors Are Created
The most common mixing gas is hydrogen sulfide, which gives off a rotten egg stench. If you are experiencing any type of foul odor in the home and cannot place where it is coming from, you should immediately give a call to a sewer repair technician. If you live in St. Louis, NuFlow is the place to call as our technicians are timely, quick, and get to solving your problems fast.
Other common signs that a technician may need to come out can include the following:
- Bumping or banging or other unusual noises that suddenly start up in your walls
- Backed up toilets, sinks, tubs or showers
- Brown or black running water coming from your faucets
- Patches that suddenly gets very green through external help, indicating a leak
- Low water pressure in showers or faucets
- A sudden, unusual increase in your water bill payment that cannot be explained
Call NuFlow St. Louis To Get Rid Of Sewage Odors Today!
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms in your St. Louis home, calling a professional licensed sewer technician can save you from huge headaches. At NuFlow St. Louis, our friendly staff is able to take care of your problems in a time efficient, cost-effective manner that will have your household back to normal as soon as possible, either with trenchless technology or other methods. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.